All About GATE IN 2023
Are you intending to appear for GATE in the future? If yes. then this article is a must-read. Through this article, you will get all possible details related to GATE which is also known as the toughest exam in India. We will be touching on various aspects related to GATE. Therefore, make sure that you read the entire article thoroughly to not miss out on any detail. Now without any further ado, let’s begin reading.
A Few Important Information Related To GATE 2023
Did you know that the GATE IN 2023 exam information is released? It is advisable that before appearing in any competitive exam one must understand the exam well. The points below will update you with some crucial information related to GATE.
- The full form of GATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The exam is held on behalf of the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, and National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE.
- Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, and the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) jointly conduct GATE for PG course admission in engineering/science.
- Also, a few universities and institutions, offer admission without an MHRD scholarship/assistantship, for them the GATE exam qualification is required.
- Further, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) use GATE exam scores in their recruitment process. GATE 2023 will be conducted by IIT Kanpur for 29 subjects.
- GATE exam is conducted in online mode (Computer Based Test (CBT)) at various centers spread in different cities across India, as well as, in multiple cities outside India.
- The GATE exam centers comprise eight zonal centers under which various cities are listed where the national-level engineering postgraduate entrance exam is conducted.
- Moreover, candidates should be aware that GATE exam scores are valid for about 3 years only from the date of announcement of the results.
- Regarding the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2023, IIT Kanpur has announced the exam dates.
- GATE 2023 will be conducted in February and the last date for enrollment is 30 September 2023.
- GATE 2023 Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) will start enrollment on 30 August 2022.
- If you are interested in applying for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE in 2023 then you can register online on or before the last date of the registration.
- The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering will be conducted for a total of 29 Subjects also known as Papers. It would be purely a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- GATE is believed to be one of the most difficult entrance exams in India. The syllabus for the examination is very comprehensive and blankets 10 to 14 subjects from the engineering stream.
- Hence, it is vital for you to analyze the GATE syllabus meticulously before kick-starting the preparation.
- You can check our GATE syllabus page which covers all 29 papers including General Aptitude (common paper).
- Once you pass the exam you will be given the GATE scorecard as a document.
- The GATE scorecard is awarded to candidates who have received the minimum qualifying cutoff or score in the examination.
- The authorities use GATE raw marks to compute the scores because the exam is conducted in multiple sessions. Marks are obtained and normalized to compute the score for GATE.
- The scorecard will be available on the official website between March 21 and May 31, 2022. You must download the soft copy of the GATE scorecard, which has validity for 3 years from the date of declaration of the result. However, this validity is not applicable to recruitment in the public sector undertaking (PSU).